Monday, September 14, 2009

Baabarr

I play character of Chaturvedi police officer in Baabarr- Om PuriOm Puri is always known to depict sheer emotions and acting skills in each and every film he did. And indeed he got recognisation and admiration through prestigious awards like 2 National awards, Filmfare Award, Life-time achievement award, Padmashri award, got nominated in Bafta awards. And yet again he is all set to grab the lime-light from his role in his up-coming action-packed film “Baabarr”. He is playing the character of a police-officer. To believe this will be his 30th time playing police-officer in the film. Recently, with media interaction in Marwaha studio in Noida, he discussed about his film “Baabarr”, his role and many more things. Following is the tête-à-tête:

You are a police-officer in film “Baabarr”. Elaborate -Yes, I am playing a police-officer. There was no reason to choice specifically this. God knows how many more times I’ll play police-officer.From “Ardhsatya” you have played the character of police-officer several times. How does it feel? -The journey of being police-officer from film “Ardhasatya” till “Baabarr” has been great and much more beyond learning and witnessing hard-core reality. I have played both positive as well as negative shades of police-officer. In “Ardhsatya” I was honest, committed and dedicated police-officer.
Whereas in “Baabarr” I am corrupted police-officer. I help culprits and go ahead with planning-plotting against its own system. I thoroughly enjoyed playing police-officer Chaturvedi. In reality such officers do exist in our system.Come back to “Baabarr” what is the story of the film? It is kind of creating anxiety. - This is the story of a boy who started from the streets of Aman ganj had trespassed every barrier of crime. For the 10 years that followed he traumatized one and all. His reign of fear terrorized everyone in the state, right from the common man to the Government. This was …
BAABARREven the movie stars Mithun da. How was it to work with him? -It was immense pleasure to work with him. Everyone knows what kind of actor he is. I always earned pleasure to work with stars like Amitabh Bachchan in film “Dev” and Naseeruddin Shah in film “Maqbool”.You are known to get into the debt of the role you play. Did any role had major impact on you and affected your personal life? -Yes, “Ardhsatya” role really influenced me. Talking about other roles, until I am on sets, the character is the only thing which revolves in my mind and blood. Once I am off sets I simply Om Puri.How was the experience to work with Director Ashuu Tirkha? -He picked up a good subject. It is not easy to shoot on real location from where the film is based on. I am sure; audience will appreciate work to Mr.Ashuu Which are your up-coming films? -“Wanted”, “London Dreams”, “Qurbaan” and “Road to Sangam”.You have received tons of prestigious awards including Padmshree, Life time achievement and National award. What next? -Many more are left. Let me earn them then we will talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment